Pages

15 Mar 2014

Chrome Extension That I Use Everyday

Many of my friends and readers like you have asked me What Chrome extensions I use? or What Chrome extensions you recommend Swetank? I always use to review the best extensions on Techorks here, but some of them I personally use according to my needs. So I thought why not create a resource page on this that you can always come to for all of your daily browsing needs. I'll update it as I add new ones, so I suggest to bookmark it for future needs.

Disclosure: Please note that none of the links are promotional. I personally use them and not tied up with any kind of affiliate or any commission. They might have subscriptions or plans which may cost you money, its up-to you to not to use them and uninstall them out.


MY MOST RECOMMENDED

The Basic 3 tools I keep telling and telling to everyone are also the most recommended one. You can say they are the essentials ones for a blogger, daily web surfers and kids.

lastpass icon
LastPass: It is an amazing tool, you don't have to remember any password for websites except one for the LastPass to logging in. LastPass is there when you need to login, generate a password for a new site, or complete an online order. It is a complete password manager tool. Click this link and we both will get 1 month of LastPass Premium for free! 

google dictionary icon
Google Dictionary: Double click any word on the page and it will give you definition in a small pop-up bubble of that word without leaving the page. Foreign words are automatically translated to your language of choice. Ultimately by far the best on-page definition searching tool for me.

adblock plus icon
Adblock Plus: It blocks ad from almost everywhere on the page. Blocks annoying video ads on YouTube, Facebook ads, banners and much more, so that you can surf the web cleanly.

 


PRODUCTIVITY

Below are the list of productivity apps that I use. Some of them are to save time, some are for reading an article later and others. I will keep updating it also as I find new apps for me.

  • Pocket: I love Pocket. The reason is it saves my articles on my every device. Let's say you are reading this and and want to read it later when you will reach home. Pocket extension pulls this article and saves it on your account. If you have Pocket app on your mobile device it will sync it over there too. The app has clutter free reading option which will present this article in a clean page.
  • Hola: The chrome extension let you access block websites in your country, school or company with the free Hola Unblocker VPN proxy service. 
  • Spreed: Beleive me you will complete reading anything on the web slashing your time to 50%. Just select the text and it will start showing you words on screen. You can choose how many words you want to read per minute, words to display at a time 1, 2, 3 or may be more according to your speed.
  • Black Menu for Google: Access many Google services just from your extension. No need to open tabs. Quickly search almost everything Google is capable of.

PHOTOS

  • Pixlr Touch Up: It is an amazing smart, easy offline photo editor. Touch up, clone, crop, resize, rotate, adjust color, add effects, and more

SOCIAL & COMMUNICATION

  • MyPermissions Cleaner: It protects your personal information by giving real time alerts when apps access your information and files

DEVELOPER TOOLS

  • Text: This app is a simple text editor for Chrome OS and Chrome. It's fast, lets you open multiple files at once, has syntax highlighting, and saves to Google Drive on Chrome OS.
  • PageRank Status: A really SEO extension for Google Chrome to easily access the Google PageRank (PR), Alexa Rank, Compete Rank and Quantcast Rank of the current web page, in addition to getting information on backlinks, indexed pages, cached pages, socials, Whois, Geo IP location and more.

Do let me know more tools that you use or recommend me something more better. I believe you have something amazing to share. Comments are always welcome.

4 comments :

  1. Google directory and adblock plus are the one i use regularly. i never tried last pass extension yet. i will try it today.
    Thanks for the article :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sasikumar, I am glad you liked the list. Yes, Dictionary and Adblock Plus are my most recommend ones, I use lastpass too, be sure to give it a try!! Keep Visiting.

      Delete
  2. Hmm. I will start using some of these. i am finding some extensions very useful and can solve my problems. Thanks For a article

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fellow Programmer, Glad that the list could help you. Keep visiting as the list keeps updating, looking forward to hear more from you.

      Delete